Alright folks.. we've had a few common questions lately..so we thought we'd post them here in case others of you were wondering the same thing...
Here ya go..
1. Can I just not sign up and show up in arrowhead and get in? Or can I find a cheap hotel/A friends cabin/etc in arrowhead and just come for the activities and not stay at the campground?
Nope, no, not so much. Here's why.
-We aren't staying at someone's house, meeting at the church where there is plenty of room, etc. We are staying on an actual campground that is rented out to groups like ours or summer camps, etc. The staff takes care of our food and activities. So the money you pay to come is going directly the staff/facility/activites. We have to tell the staff ahead of time exactly how many people are coming so they can plan our meals and make sure they have enough staff for the weekend.
-Bottom line? You have to sign up and register beforehand.
2. Can I just show up and pay for the few things I participate in rather than register for the whole weekend? Or can I just show up Saturday night for the dancing and hanging?
-Nope. We can't do a'la carte. Sorry.
We have to pay the retreat per person whether or not you zipline, play on the ropes course or eat any of the food. It's the same for all. And we have a group rate so it's all in one.
3. Can I request who is in my cabin?
-Sure! We would love that :) We just need to keep same genders in each cabin. But if you want to shoot us an email letting us know who you want to bunk with, we will do our best to make it happen. Email us at Plusoneweekend@gmail.com
4. Do I need to bring bedding?
-YES YOU NEED TO BRING BEDDING!!! If not you will be charged 20 bucks from the staff.
5. Are we going to be on the campsite the whole time?
-Depends. The ziplining, archery, ropes, sports, food, etc will all be on the retreat property, but we will also have suggestions for places to go in town if you want to go exploring. Saturday will be pretty casual so you can head into town if you want. And of course church on Sunday will be in town.
6. What airport should we use?
Ontario is closest and easiest, especially on a Friday night.
LAX is next, but will take a bit of time to get out to Arrowhead on a Friday.
If you have any other questions, send us an email; we'd be happy to answer!